Monday, June 18, 2007

Get Your Pride On!

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down...

Except for this week. Y'all, we're gearin' up for Pride! This Sunday, I'll be joining my girls Sassy and Chic alongside Marriage Equality New York and The Blade to do some marching in this year's Heritage of Pride Parade. Y'all come down and see us!

Gender Offenders will be performing a special Pride show @ D-Lounge, Sunday, after the parade. Stop on down to 101 E. 15th Street (Union Square). Doors open at 4pm /$5 cover. The delicious, DJ Platespiller, is gonna be spinning and Gender Offenders are gonna tear it up with some of their best-known numbers. Y'all, it's gonna be a fun party. Come hang with us for a while and keep cool.

The Here! Network is showing "Before Stonewall" and "Pride Divide" for Time Warner OnDemand subscribers. Candy recommends y'all get your history on, so you can be well-versed in the weekends' festivities.

This past Saturday was Robert German's birthday party and a special performance of The Snake Oil Show. Let me just say, if you're not checking out this monthly variety show with NYC's funniest comics, witty songwriters and top drawer drag queens, you are missing something fierce. Maddy Wyatt, Kitt and Kaboodle, Sassy, Greg Walloch, Ophira Eisenberg, Chic, Allison Castillo, Jeffrey Cubeta, Robert German and I entertained a sold-out crowd and stayed around to with Mr. German Happy Birthday wishes.

I tried out a new song for The Snake Oil crowd, and let me tell you, I was a little nervous about my new musical selection, so I did what I always do when I'm nervous... y'all, I teased up my hair extra-big! Turns out the crowd loved my tune, which was all 3 verses of Sonny Curtis's theme to "The Mary Tyler Moore" show and I had a fitting bouffant for the song.

You know what they say --- Big hair, big dreams.

Sunday, I celebrated my good friend C-J.'s birthday with a lil brunch at The Cup and then a movie at Kaufman. C-J., Joe and I saw "Knocked Up". Y'all, it was a hoot. I recommend y'all go and see this one. Those crazy straights! Gotta love 'em.

Ok, kids, I'm signing off with some homework for all y'all...watch "Before Stonewall", and get in touch with our history of Pride!

Take care and be safe this holiday week.

WEAR YOUR RUBBERS!

xoxo,
Candy Samples

No comments: