Monday, June 11, 2007

New York, New York!

Hey Kids,

Y'all, this was a big 'ol weekend for your pal, Candy. I started out with a nice dinner and visit with my old pal Tom. He's moved to Brooklyn, so I don't get to see him much these days. But he came by and we ordered some excellent Greek take-out and ate ate ate...whew!

By 11am on Saturday, I was on my way into the city to shoot a new pilot for Morgold Productions. The show is called, "No Moore", and I have a hilarious part...more to come. Stay tuned for more info.

By nightfall it was time to see my gal Julie and barbeque with the Astoria gang. We kicked it up on 42nd St (Astoria) until the wee hours of the morning. Fred's potato salad was sheer delight! I must get that recipe...fresh dill and all!

Sunday rolled around and it was time for brunch. I visited with fellow musician Robert German. I tagged along with him to see the latest cut of his new video, featuring my girls Chic and Sassy. They look fabulous and Mr. German shines like a superstar. I can't wait for the release party...

Sunday night, I sat down with my director buddy, Brian, to watch the Tony Awards. We were quite a pair, getting misty-eyed with every award presented. I, personally, love these awards, as they remind me why I moved to NYC. Next year, look out --- Candy's gonna take Broadway!

Upcoming shows: June 16 - Snake Oil Show / Robert German's Birthday @ D-Lounge.
June 24 - Pride Parade and "Pride Festivus" show @ D-Lounge.

Y'all be sweet!

xoxo,
CS

No comments: